Tasty Tools is a monthly food blogging event I will be hosting, allowing an opportunity to use various kitchen tools to create a myriad of sweet and savory dishes. For this event, a specific kitchen tool will be chosen each month, which will be used in creating your recipe. I’m not one for “uni-taskers” so I’ll be choosing kitchen tools that are versatile enough to use in both cooking and baking. You may already have these tools home or maybe something you were thinking of purchasing. As a result of the event, we’ll have a collection of recipes that I hope will inspire you to use these tools more often.
For this month to start off the Tasty Tools event we’re focusing on the kitchen grater and “microplane.” These tools do a fine job grating spices, cheeses, various vegetables, etc. I’ll leave it up to you to show your skills using this tool in your chosen recipe.
To participate, here are the event rules:
1) Make a recipe using the featured "Tasty Tool" of the month and create a blog post about it from now until midnight on Friday, April 4th, 2008. If you have any tips about using the tool, please share that too.
2) Add a link within your blog post back to this event’s URL.
3) Submit your entry by emailing the following information to email@example.com:
- "Tasty Tools" in subject line
- Your name
- Your city, state, country location
- Your food blog name & link to your event entry
- Name & picture of your entry with your “tasty tool” used
You can participate even if you don't have a blog. Non-bloggers can email the above information (sans blog details) and I'll include it in the round up.
I’ll be posting a round-up of all the entries by April 7th to recognize and highlight all the creative recipes using the Tasty Tool of the month. Until then, I look forward to the entries and some tool tips!
*Photos used in this post were taken from Google images and are not my own.