Monday, January 26, 2009
For lunch today, I made a filling salad with salmon. Salmon is one of my favorite types of fish since it works well with various marinades, especially those of Asian flavors. For my salad, I prepared a salmon fillet to place on a bed of spring mix lettuce greens. For color and sweetness, I added some fresh fruits which made it an even more filling and satisfying meal.
1/8 salmon fillet
salt & pepper to taste
pinch of dill seasoning
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 cup spring mix lettuce greens
1/2 cup drained mandarian oranges
1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1/2 oz fresco Mexican crumbling cheese
2 tablespoons Asian sesame dressing
- Heat a small skillet over medium high heat.
- Season your fillet with salt, pepper and dill seasoning.
- Spray your skillet with cooking spray.
- Place seasoned fillet in the hot skillet and cook 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the fillet in the skillet.
- Top your lettuce with the cooked salmon.
- Sprinkle the oranges, strawberries and cheese around the fillet.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
Weight Watcher Points Value = 6 points
I've also submitted this recipe/post to Chefspiration's Healthy Choices Giveaway who's featuring healthy recipes. I chose to submit this recipe because it's not only colorful but combines a nice balance of fruit, vegetables and lean protein. Be sure to check out the upcoming round up on Chefspiration's blog!