So it's officially spring... and that means in some parts of the country, grilling season will soon be here! I remember when I hosted a grilling cooking class last year where folks got to season their chicken and pork however they wanted. We were all so excited to bring our meats to the grill that by the time they were all cooked and shuffled about, we were unsure about what meats were seasoned with what and which pieces belonged to who. Well, I don't think I'd have that problem for this summer, especially with this new product called Grill Charms.
Grill Charms™ are dime-sized solid stainless steel charms that are placed in your food BEFORE grilling. The serrated stem holds the Grill Charm™ securely in place while flipping, moving and grilling as normal. Grill Charm™ your food PRIOR to cooking to distinguish spices and flavors, steak temperatures, or to avoid health or allergy issues. When dinner comes off the grill everyone knows which one is theirs! Grill Charms™ are the perfect gift for any occasion.
- No more cutting into 5 steaks to try to find the rare one
- No more offering only mild BBQ because too few guests like it spicy
- No more confusion with health or allergy concerns
- Serrated to stay in securely while grilling, flipping and moving
- Made of high quality heat conducting stainless steel
- Stress free grilling for grill master and guests
- Works with Burgers, Chicken, Steak, Pork, Fish and more!
I had the pleasure to meet Leslie Haywood, founder and president of Charmed Life LLC, who introduced me to her Grill Charms. She shared with me how she came up with the product:
While sitting down to eat at a dinner party I was hosting, my husband served me an extra hot Jamaican Jerk piece of chicken instead of a mild one because he had forgotten which pieces were which. After this very memorable and very spicy light bulb moment in April 2006 I have felt what I can only describe as a compulsion to insure every American gets what they want - how they want it - hot off the grill.Her Grill Charms definitely made me think to myself, "Hey... why didn't I think of that?!" These are a great thing to use during those upcoming grilling parties and cookouts and makes so much sense! Leslie has a few different sets of Grill Charms available including:
- Steak Collection - These charms have the letters R (for rare) MR (for Medium Rare) etc…These are inserted into steaks or burgers before grilling so that both the grill master and guests can find the perfect temperature meat without cutting into several to find the one you want.
- Spicy Collection - These 6 charms have designs of peppers representing varying degrees of heat (Mild, Medium and Spicy) allowing you to now offer your guests a wide variety of OPTIONS simply and easily, with little to no effort on the part of the grill master.
- Charmed Life Collection - This collection has 6 individual and unique designs such as a sailboat, a tropical vacation and other items associated with living a "Charmed Life". Use your individual Grill Charm to personalize your food before you grill to indicate your favorite sauces or flavors, avoid health or allergy issues or any reason you can dream up!
- Pink Collection - This collection has 6 individual designs. Use your individual Grill Charm to personalize your food before you grill to indicate your favorite sauces or flavors, avoid health or allergy issues or have a "season your own" party! 10% of the proceeds goes towards finding a cure for Breast Cancer.
How do you currently keep track of what you're grilling when dealing with different types of doneness and seasonings? Would you use something like this to keep track of what's what on your grill?