Here's a special freebie for my fellow Chicagoans! The Windy City Wine Festival is taking place at the Daley Bicentennial Plaza this weekend, Friday, September 11th and Saturday, September 12th... do you have your tickets yet? If not, you're in luck because I have some tickets to giveaway!
Compliments of Black Box Wines, they have provided me with a couple of festival tickets that one of my Chicago readers can enjoy this weekend. Black Box Wines is the first U.S. vintner to offer super-premium, appellation-specific, vintage-dated wines in a box – wines whose last sip is reliably as good as the first. Before you start judging boxed wines, let it be known I'm a fan! Here's why...
- They're affordable: Decent boxed wines range in price from $15-$25 dollars per box, which is roughly about 4 bottles of wine... so that's about $4-$6 a bottle.
- They're a great shape: Being a box, they fit perfectly in your refrigerator. No need to adjust the shelving to accommodate a tall bottle.
- They keep wines fresh: Boxed wines involve a vacuum-sealed bag inside which keeps the wine fresh for weeks. This means you don't have to worry about finishing a whole bottle to prevent the wine from going bad. Just simply drink what you want knowing it will be fresh until you finish it.
- They're convenient: You won't need a corkscrew or worry about having a glass bottle to be careful of. Bring them outdoors or share them with friends, it's a perfect box of fun.
If you plan on going to the Windy City Wine Festival whether you win the tickets or not, I encourage you to check out Black Box Wine's Lounge, where they will have wines to sample so you can taste how good boxed wines can be.
As for the festival, it provides an opportunity to sample more than 250 wines from around the world. You'll be able to learn about new wine varieties from the experts too. Wine seminars and cooking demonstrations are conducted by event sponsors, exhibiting wineries, area chefs and restauranteurs. There will also be food available from some of Chicago's finest restaurants and caterers. And top to top off a night of wine and food, local musical talent will be performing live on both days of the festival.
Friday, September 11th from 4pm - 10pm
Saturday, September 12th from 3pm - 10pm
2 Windy City Wine Festival tickets I've got to give away!
- Giveaway is only for those who live in the Chicagoland area since the winner must be able to pick up the tickets.
- You must have a valid email address (within your comment or blog link) so that you can be contacted if you win.
To enter the giveaway, leave a comment answering:
- What is your favorite wine varietal and why?
Deadline: Wednesday, September 9, 2009 at 12 midnight CST.
ONE WINNER will be randomly chosen by Random. Org's Interger Generator based on the number of your comment and will be announced on Thursday, September 10, 2009. Good luck!