German Wine & Dine - friends came over and we had a wonderful, hearty German feast paired with delicious Riesling wines. Be sure to check out the recipes for the items we had on our menu all this week!
Apple Orchard Trip - friends and I got together yesterday on a perfect Sunday afternoon and enjoyed the country and apple orchard. I'll be posting about our day soon so be sure to come by and see what fall goodies I came home with!
This week's foodie freebie is inspired by the heavy use of my oven these days. I've been enjoying roasting vegetables, meats and baking where I can... not only because it's an easy way to cook but for the wonderful aromas that waft through our home from the kitchen. Everyone should have a good roasting pan... even moreso with the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday that just around the corner. So this week, a lucky reader will be receiving a Chicago Metallic Commercial Large Roaster with handles and rack:
- Large roaster pan crafted from heavyweight aluminized steel
- Folded corners add triple-thickness strength; reinforced rims eliminate warping
- 2 stainless-steel riveted handles for safe transport; nonstick roasting rack included
- Dishwasher-safe; oven-safe to 550 degrees F; corrosion-resistant
- Measures 14 by 11 by 3 inches; 25-year limited warranty
Perfectly sized for baking lasagna or roasting meats or poultry, this large roaster pan from the Chicago Metallic Commercial line features heavy-duty aluminized steel construction to ensure durability, superior heat conduction, and corrosion resistance. Folded corners add triple-thickness strength, while reinforced rims eliminate warping. The pan comes equipped with two stainless-steel riveted handles for safe, secure transport, and a nonstick roasting rack to keep meat up and away from fat and drippings is included. Designed for bakers who prefer the tradition of baking on uncoated pans, the bakeware's surface offers good reflectivity for even dispersion of heat, which means more consistent, even baking and gradual browning. After repeated use, darkening of the metal will actually enhance baking performance. Dishwasher-safe and oven-safe to 550 degrees F, the roaster pan measures 14 by 11 by 3 inches and carries a 25-year limited warranty.
- Giveaway is only for those who live in the United States - my apologies to my international readers!
- You must check back on my blog on Friday to see if you've won so you can claim your prize!
To enter the giveaway, leave a comment answering:
- What is your favorite thing to roast or bake in the oven during the fall?
Deadline: Thursday, October 29, 2009 at 12 midnight CST.
ONE WINNER will be randomly chosen by Random. Org's Interger Generator based on the number of your comment and will be announced on Friday, October 30, 2009. Good luck!