Happy Sunday! Hope you're enjoying these fall weekends before the winter chill arrives (at least in my corner of the world.) It was a beautiful weekend with family where we went to a local circus in the park and later today, we'll be hosting friends with some delicious Filipino eats. Have you had a delicious weekend so far? Last week, my friends at America's Test Kitchen sponsored the giveaway with a copy of their newest cookbook, The Cook's Illustrated Cookbook. A special thanks to America's Test Kitchen for sponsoring and for all those that participated! I'll be compiling the questions everyone's submitted and will ask Mr. Christopher Kimball as many as I can so I can report back. Here's a big Congratulations to the winner of this past week's giveaway! Please shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize...
Cook's Illustrated Cook Book
Winner: Comment #14!
Winner: Comment #14!
First off, Nescafé® has quite a few flavor capsules available for any coffee and tea drinker. With 18 current flavors (and more to come), there's a drink for everyone. From black coffees, iced coffees, specialty drinks and even non-coffee drinks, this is a machine that you can easily use everyday, all year round to get your quick fix.
Some flavors require 2 capsules, which are packed together for convenience. The drink being made is Nescafe's Mocha. Hot chocolate and dark roasted coffee do a delicious duet. Full intensity of roasted coffee in a delightfully sweet chocolaty treat. A nice way to welcome in the morning or unwind after work.
This machine takes regular tap water and makes it into something delicious...
Just add the water to the water chamber and you'll be surprised
how quickly it heats up to pump out your drink!
For the Nescafé® Mocha, the milk portion is made first...
Followed by the chocolate/coffee portion to complete your drink!
With the Dolce Gusto machines so easy to use, you may be wondering how the drinks taste. They came out very good! I found myself drinking them without adding any cream or sugar - it was perfect as is. Also, when it came to making a frothy cappuccino, I was impressed. The milk came out frothy and light, as if the milk was steamed just as they do at coffeehouses. I soon realized that the machine was pretty powerful since it takes a certain amount of pressure to be able to turn milk into a beautiful, foamy treat!
It's the littlest big idea we've ever had! Our newest single-cup coffee solution, NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® Piccolo™ is ideal for gourmet coffee lovers with limited counter space.
Because of my love of coffee, this week I'm sharing that love with readers! Thanks to my friends at Nescafé®, they will be sponsoring this week's Sunday Fun Day Giveaway. A lucky reader will receive a Nescafé® Dolce Gusto® Piccolo™ coffee machine (pictured above) along with 2 boxes of coffee capsules! Will you be that lucky reader that gets this cute, tasty and fun caffeine station?! Read on for more details...
- No mess, No fuss. Everything you need to make hot or cold drinks are contained in our easy-to-use capsules
- Ideal for kitchenettes, cubicles, dorm rooms or anywhere else where saving space is important
- Our technologically advanced machines and precisely designed flavor capsules combine to give the NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® a professional-level 15-bar pressure system (similar to coffeehouse machines) which helps to ensure that every cup is perfect with a foamy froth, rich crèma and luxurious flavor
- The unique patented Custom Control Lever puts you in control to customize your coffee's strength and mixture (for multi-capsule drinks). It also lets you alternate between hot and cold beverages in an instant
- The exclusive Thermoblock technology heats the water fresh every time, in less than one minute
- NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® uses only the highest quality ingredients - featuring only 100% Arabica, rich chocolate and foamy milk
- Stylish and sleek design that will stand out on any kitchen counter
- Energy Saving automatic switch off
- Giveaway is only for those who live in the United States - my apologies to my non-United States readers!
- You must check back in a week when a winner is announced and email me to claim your prize if you win.
To enter the giveaway, leave a comment answering:
How do you take your coffee or tea?
Deadline: Saturday, October 8, 2011 at 12 midnight CST.