Before we rush into December, here's a great fall recipe to round out the end of November. I've been meaning to feature recipes of fellow food bloggers and this post comes from one I've followed for quite some time. This Savory Corn Crumble with Butternut Squash, Spinach and Feta from Ivy of Kopiaste is great because it's naturally gluten free without the need to use a gluten free flour blend. A savory blend of butternut squash, spinach, feta and fennel fronds are perfectly seasoned before topping with a crumble mixture of cornmeal, eggs, yogurt and olive oil. This dish has a combination of some of my favorite fall flavors and it's perfect as a main vegetarian/meatless meal or a filling side dish, perfect for those holiday potlucks!...
It may sound like a mouthful of a dish name, but it is definitely a delicious mouthful! Check out Ivy's recipe below...
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Baking time: 1 hour
Serves: 1 baking dish (about 12 pieces)
- 2 lbs butternut Squash, grated
- 1 lbs spinach, squeezed
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 lbs feta, crumbled
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup fennel fronds, finely chopped
- Salt (with caution) and freshly grated black pepper
- A pinch of cumin
- 1.5 lbs corn meal
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 200 ml Greek yogurt 2%
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp margarine divided (to grease the baking tin and to add on top)
- Grate the pumpkin and mix all the filling ingredients.
- In a large bowl add the crumble ingredients and mix using your hand until the ingredients are well blended to form the crumble. If you still see corn meal, add more olive oil, if necessary.
- Grease a 35 x 25 cm baking tin with 2 tbsp margarine. Add half of the crumble on the baking tin.
- Add the filling on top and sprinkle the remaining crumble on top of the filling.
- Add the remaining margarine in small pieces scattered all over the baking tin.
- Preheat oven to 180o C / 350o F and bake for about 1 hour or until the crumble is golden on top.
This sponsorship is brought to you by GLAM Media who we have partnered with for this promotion.