My slow cooker has gotten a lot of use lately because I just don't have the time to spend in the kitchen as much as I used to. I really liked that I could make this in advance and come home to dinner practically ready. Leftovers are great and with the Superbowl coming up, this would make for a great dish to serve up those hungry football fans!Italian Beef Sliders
recipe adapted from Tidy Mom
- 3 pounds rolled rump roast
- 1 packet Lipton Dried Onion Soup Mix
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the onion soup packet, spices and garlic with water in roasting pan.
- Add roast to pan and roll roast around in pan to cover with seasonings.
- Cover with lid or foil and bake for one hour.
- Remove roast from oven. Cool completely. Remove roast and juices from pan.
- Wrap roast in foil and pour juices into a container, place both in the refrigerator over night (or a minimum of several hours).
- The following day, remove roast from refrigerator and slice paper thin with a meat slicer or by hand. its important to slice the roast cold and firm.
- Place sliced meat in slow cooker.
- Pour juices over sliced meat and add another 2 cups of water.
- Slow cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Serve warm in buns and with cheese if desired.