Not all salads have to incorporate lettuce or greens. In fact, some of my favorite salads don't even include them. This salad is one I especially like because it's easy to put together using fresh herbs, lemon juice, and olive oil. The dressing keeps well and I prefer making it in advance for flavors can meld a bit. For a heartier salad, try adding some orzo pasta!
Greek Cucumber Salad
recipe slightly adapted from Cooking Light
- 1/2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced seeded cucumber
- 1 cup quartered roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup crumbed sun dried tomato & herb feta cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk together the 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, and feta cheese; toss to combine.