Working in gluten free dishes at our house isn't too difficult even though I'm the only one that's gluten free. For this dish, my boys enjoyed the stir fry over crispy pan fried noodles while I loved it over steamed rice. Whichever you prefer, the dish is great either way! And if you're cutting carbs, try the stir fry over a bed of greens for a nice Asian spin on salad...
Spicy Beef & Pepper Stir Fry
recipe from Cooking Light
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 12 ounces flank steak, cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce or GF tamari
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add steak to pan; cook 2 minutes, searing on one side. Add bell peppers and onions; cook 2 minutes or until beef loses its pink color, stirring constantly. Remove beef mixture from pan.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, and chili garlic sauce to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Add beef mixture to pan; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.