If you don't know this yet, you can enjoy a FREE Slice of Pie with any menu item purchase from open until close on Wednesdays! Choose from more than 25 varieties of Bakers Square pies to enjoy with your meal for FREE. Bakers Square’s irresistible selections include:
- Country Apple: Sliced apples, sweetened and spiced with cinnamon.
- Banana Cream: Fresh ripe bananas, fresh whipped cream with sliced almonds.
- Blueberry: One of Bakers Square’s all-time favorites, bursting with plump, refreshing blueberries
- Cherry: With juicy, tart, red cherries.
- Coconut Cream: Coconut folded into our rich vanilla cream.
- French Apple: Our traditional apple filling with a rich butter crumb topping
- Lemon Meringue: Light, fluffy meringue that sits on top of an irresistible tangy lemon filling
- Peach: Made with delicately seasoned, sun-ripened free stone peaches.
- Pumpkin: A seasonal favorite that’s loved year-round.
There's also the New Pick 3 Pie Shop Special meals which includes the best-of-the-best Baker’s Square combos you love– plus they all include a slice of pie! The menu allows guests to pick 3 different items and create their own meal, ranging in price from only $8.99 - $9.99. Combos are divided by 3 categories: Artisan, Primo and Classic. *Pie Shop Specials are not valid when combined with Pie Rush Wednesday.
If you haven't visited Bakers Square recently, now's a great time and while you're there, be sure to pick up a pie for your holiday gatherings!
It's Stone Crab Season and Del Frisco's kicked off the season with a special unveiling of these prized crabs! We recently visited Del Frisco's for a taste of the first of the season's Stone Crab Claws that were flown fresh from the Florida Keys, one of the only regions where they are available. The sweet, firm crab claw meat is not widely available, only appearing on the menus of select restaurants outside of their native Florida. While dining at Del Frisco's we not only sampled steamed Stone Crab Claws and a fresh crab cake, but indulged in a Filet Mignon Trio and Bone In Ribeye. To accompany our entrees, we had a mini buffet of sides including their ever popular Lobster Mac & Cheese, Lobster Mashed Potatoes, Grilled Asparagus, and Brussel Sprouts. If that weren't enough, we ended our meal with a sampling of their desserts including their signature Lemon Cake, Warm Banana Bread Pudding and Chocolate Souffle Cake. We're big fans of Del Frisco's and look forward to our next visit. Service is impeccable, decor is classy and chic and the food is outstanding!
Since it is Stone Crab Season, here are some fun facts about stone crabs...
· Florida Stone Crab are not to be confused with Alaskan King Crab or Crab legs or soft shell crabs or jumbo lump crab meat. These are claws from a crab caught off the shores of Florida. Del Frisco’s works with three purveyors in Florida to get the freshest product flown to the restaurants daily.
· Stone crab claws are considered highly sustainable, given the designated season to harvest and as one claw is harvested from the crabs and the crab is then returned to the sea so it can regenerate the claw. Additionally, claws must be at least 2.75 inches long to be harvested; claws cannot be taken from egg-bearing females.
· These crabs have the unusual ability to lose a claw without feeling any pain. The separation always occurs at one of the joints to protect the crab from bleeding. The larger claw is kept and the crab is thrown back alive where it will grow back its claw for the next year’s harvest.
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar recently launch their new late night happy hour - 8 for $9’ til 10 , featuring delicious items like savory Ahi Tuna Tacos for just $9 from in addition to some great cocktails. When we went, we were impressed with the various options on the 8-9-10 menu. We enjoyed the following items that were not only delicious but were generous portions for a nice tapas feel...
We definitely will be back as we only tried half of the menu... and that was plenty for us to split and share between the two of us! If you thought Fleming's was just a place for fine steaks and wine, think again... this is a perfect place for friends, date or even a happy hour with coworkers after a long day. They make a steakhouse approachable with tapas style menus to pick and choose from while being affordable!