Last weekend, celebrity chefs, style experts, and the leading names in home and kitchen products took the stage at the 2015 International Home + Housewares Show. I had a great time meeting up with some brands and clients on upcoming projects I'm working on. I even got a chance to hang out with some celeb chefs I've worked with before!
Chef Spike Mendelsohn for Black & Decker
Chef Rick Bayless
Each year, the product innovations unveiled at this show set the tone for the newest home and kitchen trends and predict consumer demands. I had a chance to check out quite a few things and I'm excited about the way the industry is moving. Below is a snapshot of select trends and themes displayed at this year’s show (and there were a lot to see!):
- Pressure Cookers: pressure cookers are making a comeback and brands are capitalizing on this trend by rolling out versions in both stove-top and electric
- Air Quality Appliances: as we learn more about the dangerous pollutants in our homes, consumers are turning to humidifiers and air purifiers to breathe easy
- Shying Away from Pod Machines: electric kettles and filtered coffee makers gain popularity as consumers become more eco-conscious
- Continuation of Colors: speckled, color splattered, copper accents, pastels and bright hues
- Electrics: whether brands were launching in the electrics space for the first time or expanding their existing lines, the electrics showcased focused on convenience and practicality, with a concentration on multi-cookers
- Innovation In Healthy Living and Eating: Convenient products that make healthy living easier are on the rise. Products that align with this trend include kitchen tools that combine technology and functionality and help consumers prepare fruits and vegetables.
- Evolution of Technology In The Kitchen: Smart kitchen products appeal to consumers because they offer convenience and control. High-tech in the kitchen has advanced rapidly, and quickly, with products that make cooking easier.
- Multi-Tasking Products That Do More: Consumers, intrigued by the idea of saving money and cabinet space, are becoming more interested in buying one product that serves multiple functions in the kitchen.
With so many brands represented, I have a few favorites and here's an inside peek at some of the most on-trend 2015 launch products from worldwide brand leaders including: All Clad, KRUPS, T-fal, Lagostina, Rowenta, IMUSA, Cookina, Excalibur and Omega...
KRUPS: worldwide leader in kitchen applianceswith a passion for the best brew
- NEW! KRUPS Savoy Collection –Essentially, the much anticipated KRUPS Savoy line is a product line that has been designed using extensive consumer research, and thus delivers on what KRUPS has learned and now knows the customer wants: a coffeemaker that embodies the perfect marriage of form meeting function. The EC311 Classic ($49.99) and the EC314 Stainless Steel ($79.99) offer the latest advances in technological settings, which provide consumers a more unique and customized brewing experience. LAUNCHING SEPT 2015
- KRUPS 1-liter Personal Tea Kettle F702 is a beautifully functional twist on the traditional kettle. Featuring a mesh brewing basket, a self-locking removable lid and an angled spout, this tea kettle offers optimal water temperature for a perfect flavor. You’ll want to enjoy a hot cup more often with this tea kettle ($49.99)
T-fal: Inventor of non-stick & America’s
favorite home & housewares brand
- 7-in-1 Deep Fryer & Multicooker: Features 7 versatile cooking functions, allowing the user to fry, braise, sauté, simmer, brown, boil / pasta, and keep food warm. The 7-in-1 Multi-Cooker & Fryer comes with a handy removable timer, allowing you to leave the kitchen without fear of not hearing the timer go off. LAUNCHING SEPTEMBER 2015 - $99.99
- 10-in-1 Rice & Multicooker: Includes 10 cooking programs: rice, risotto, reheat, oatmeal, slow cook, steam/soup, yogurt, baking browning and keep warm. The Rice & Multi-Cooker also has the ability to preset up to 24 hours in advance and includes “Fuzzy Logic” technology that auto-adjusts settings during cooking for a perfect meal every time. LAUNCHING SEPTEMBER 2015 - $99.99
- T-fal Excite Cookware: Features T-fal's patented Thermospot technology that indicates when the pan is perfectly preheated to seal in flavor and prevent burning. The set is dishwasher safe and guarantees durable non-stick performance during heavy use while still allowing for fast, easy clean-up. Available in Stainless Steel and Aluminum, in Cherry,Tangerine, Grape, Turquoise, Kiwi and Liquorice. NEW COLOR LAUNCHING SPRING 2015: Berry ($69.99)
- T-fal Red 1.7L Kettle: This Electric Kettle guarantees a hot, delicious brew without the hassle of monitoring the stovetop every minute. Featuring a unique automatic shut-off function, the T-fal 1.7L Electric Kettle will only brew as long as needed, as the water level indicators allow users to measure preferred serving size ($39.99)
Rowenta: the leading manufacturer of high-performance garment care and small home appliances
- Intense Pure Air ($299, $399) – The Intense Pure Air is the only air purifier on the market that filters 99.97% of pollution and captures and destroys formaldehyde. Offered in two sizes, the “Bedroom” purifies up to 115 square feet and the “XL Room” purifies up to 262 square feet. The purifier’s smart pollution sensors provide automatic filtration regulation. LAUNCHING AUGUST 2015
- Perfect Steam Station ($345) – The Perfect Steam Steam Station can iron for more than one and a half hours with its 47 oz. removable tank and outputs steam at 120 g/min. This steam station produces three times more steam than a traditional iron. LAUNCHING AUGUST 2015
- Compact Steam Station ($269) – The Compact Steam Station heats up in just two minutes and offers 1800 watts of power and 80 g/min steam output. This model has a 40.5 oz tank and is easy to store with its compact base and easy to transport with its lock system and steam cord storage. LAUNCHING AUGUST 2015
- Access Steam Irons ($49.99, $59.99) – This line of irons offer three settings for an easier ironing experience without compromising the brand’s powerful 1600 watt steam performance. LAUNCHING AUGUST 2015
- X-CEL Steam Hand Steamer ($64.99, $69.99) – This hand steamer offers up to 10 minutes of uninterrupted 1500 watt steaming with its 6.76 oz. removable tank. The X-CEL Steam Hand Steamer will smooth garments with constant steam or steam burst options. LAUNCHING SEPTEMBER 2015
All-Clad: the undisputed choice of
restaurant chefs and serious home cooks
- PC8-PRECISION Stovetop Pressure Cooker ($299) – The All-Clad PC8-PRECISION takes the guess work out of pressure cooking results. The 8.4 quart stovetop pressure cooker provides easy to use technology and features four specific cooking programs specially pre-programmed to ensure success for all recipes, as well as a two-part cooking process which optimizes flavors and texture. The easy to set “smart timer” automatically notifies you when pressure has been achieved and released, along with audible sounds when each step is complete, including when the meal is finished.
- Hard Anodized Grill/Griddle ($99.99) – This grill/griddle’s ridged surface adds grill marks while draining away excess fat and low sides make the entire surface accessible to simplify turning of foods. It has a grease trough in center separates any excess oils from either side of the vessel.
- 16” Covered Oval Roaster ($199.99) – Ideal for roasting large cuts of meats or making large meals when entertaining, this roaster is made from heavy gauge polished stainless steel and has large loop handles for maneuverability. LAUNCHING SEPTEMBER 2015
- KS22 Kitchen Scale ($99.99) – The KS22 Kitchen Scale provides precise unit measurements in both imperial (oz., fl. oz. and lb.) and metric (g., ml. and kg.). Its TARE function accounts for the weight of an additional bowl, cup or plate. The removable 9” stainless steel plate is also magnetic and dishwasher safe, which is convenient for both professional and at-home chefs. LAUNCHING AUGUST 2015New and improved 10-pc. Nonstick Stainless Steel Set ($799.99) – Set includes a 8” & 10” Fry, 2 & 3 Qt. Saucepan, 3 Qt. Sauté, 8 Qt. Stock Pot. The set is dishwasher and oven safe. Made in the USA.
Lagostina: Italy’s preferred premium cookware brand
- Axia Tri-Ply Stainless Collection ($399.99) – The ultimate combination of performance, design, and comfort for inspired cooking every day. Lagostina’s signature polish shines on the satin finish 18 / 10 stainless steel interior, the brushed stainless exterior and elegant stainless steel lids. Premium three-layer construction combines stainless steel inside and outside with a thick heat-radiating aluminum core for optimal heat distribution throughout the entire pan.
- Axia Tri-Ply Stainless Ceramic Collection ($399.99) – The ultimate combination of performance, design, and comfort for inspired cooking every day. Premium tri-ply stainless technology combines stainless steel exterior and Meteorite® Grey Ceramic Interior inside with a thick heat-radiating aluminum core for optimal heat distribution throughout the entire pan. Riveted cast stainless steel handles stay cool on the stove and are built for comfort, strength and stability over a lifetime of use. LAUNCHING AUGUST 2015
- Linea Patrimonio (Heritage) Specialty Range ($179.99-$299.99) – Hand crafted in Italy, the Heritage range is a collection of items dedicated to classic, universally renowned Italian dishes. Each piece is specially designed for a particular dish, an invitation to explore the many and varied flavors of the country’s regional cuisine. The Domina Vitamin Pressure Cooker and Saltapasta will launch in Fall 2015.
- Martellata Hammered Collection (in both Copper ($599) and Stainless ($499)) - Premium tri-ply technology combines stainless steel inside and outside with a thick heat-radiating aluminum core for optimal heat distribution throughout the entire pan. The Stainless collection’s magnetic exterior is designed to work with all cook-top ranges, including induction. Riveted handles stay cool on the stove and are built for comfort, strength and stability over a lifetime of use. LAUNCHING AUGUST 2015
IMUSA: Leader in ethnic and international cookware
- Speckled Induction-Safe Cookware – Made with induction technology, IMUSA’s debut line of induction cookware is safe to use with all stove topes (gas, electric, induction, ceramic, etc.). Featuring various pieces including sauté pans, comals and calderos, available in blue, beige and grey-speckled finishes.
- Specialty Electrics – Beautifully crafted with a sleek designs, IMUSA’s new line of SDAs includes a 5-cup rice cookers, 10-cup rice cooker with steam stray, slow cooker, 4-cup gourmet espresso maker, electric wok, electric tortilla maker and electric single and double burners.
COOKINA: Pushing the envelope on innovation
COOKINA launched their NEW and improved COOKINA Reusable Grilling Sheet, COOKINA Cuisine Reusable Cooking Sheet and COOKINA Gard Oven Protector. COOKINA sheets are non-stick, heat-resistant and the only sheets on the market certified for use at 550°and PFOA free. COOKINA allows users to cook food to perfection without using oils or sprays to grease the surface –for a tastier and healthier cooking experience. (Available at Cookina.co for $12.99)
- NEW COOKINA Reusable Grilling Sheet: Summer time and the livin’s easy … until you are full body scrubbing your grill after the last BBQ you threw. Never fear, place this product on your grill, get the smoky grill marks you want, and never have a mess to clean again.
- COOKINA Reusable Cooking Sheet: Stop buying parchment paper and aluminum foil to line your bakeware. This reusable sheet is a favorite, and non-stick so no need to line with butter or oil!
- COOKINA Oven Gard Protector: Never clean the bottom of your oven again. Catch all the gooey messes with ease and simply wipe the non-stick surface with a paper towel for clean-up.
EXCALIBUR: Changing the way people all over the world prepare & preserve food
Responding to the rapidly growing dehydrator category, Excalibur unveiled dehydrators perfect for the rapidly growing consumer base. Offering options that support categorical growth, while still catering to current customers, Excalibur’s new dehydrators featured varying price points, designs and digital capabilities.
- NEW Excalibur STL and STS 6-Tray Food Dehydrators: Combining advanced technology with superior drying techniques, the Excalibur STL and STS dehydrators deliver unsurpassed dehydration technology. Featuring a digital controller and interface for ease of use, combined with a 48 hour timer and adjustable thermostat, the STS includes a micro-processor controlled heat sensor that offers improved temperature precision. At a competitive price point, the STS is great for preserving and retaining the nutrients in fresh produce, herbs, meats, and more. Perfect for at-home gardeners, health enthusiasts, hunters, pet owners and more.
- NEW Excalibur ECB50B Food Dehydrator: Equipped with innovative technology for low temperature food drying, helping to retain the nutrients in fresh produce, herbs, meats, and more. This is a more efficient preservation technique compared to canning or sun-drying. The ECB50B is BPA-Free and equipped with an adjustable thermostat (95F-165F) to provide various temperature options for drying all types of food at a fraction of the cost of store-bought dried snacks. The ECB50B offered at a price point attractive to both novice and seasoned at-home food preservers.
- NEW Excalibur SVSNEW 3-in-1 Food Slicer: Create healthy and appetizing salads such as potato curls, cucumber spirals, vegetable spaghetti and so much more! Easy to use, the Excalibur 3-in-1 Food Slicer comes with a base and three blades that slice product evenly and consistently, cutting prep time in half. Blades include a flat edge blade for slicing, a fine cut blade for shredding and a coarse cut blade for curling. With easy-to-change blades and disassembly for quick, effortless cleaning, the Excalibur 3-in-1 Food Slicer is the perfect tool for effortless food prep.
OMEGA: Leader in developing the
most efficient & reliable juicers
Since 1985, Omega is the only company to offer centrifuge, masticating, pulp ejection and traditional citrus style juicers. Omega will demo its latest juicing innovations including its self-storing compact “masticating-style” JUICE CUBE - a industry design disrupter with the superior performance synonymous with Omega’s family of high-efficiency and reliable juicers.
- NEW Omega Juice Cube- CUBE550S: Omega’s Juice Cube is a self-storing compact “masticating-style” juice extractor and more! Make juice, smoothies, all-natural nut butters, baby food, soy milk, almond milk and a variety of healthy snacks. A masticating juicer juices at low speeds of 80 RPM minimizing heat build-up and oxidation. The auger system forces produce into a tight chamber, grinding and pressing the food to squeeze out the juice from items as fine as wheatgrass and leafy vegetables.
- NEW Omega Twin Gear Juice- TWN30S: Omega’s new Twin Gear juicer crushes, mixes AND squeezes produce to get the highest extraction possible from your produce. With an outlet adjusting knob with spring tension, pressure is created in the machine to squeeze out all the juice from the pulp, which means more juice from your produce! Reduced heat build-up in the juicing process allows the juice to be stored for up to 72 hours with minimal nutrient degradation for a healthier, more nutrient packed juice. Plus, less pre-cutting of produce is required as the gears chop of fibers to save consumers more time. Includes two juice screens which allow for the adjustment of pulp levels. Great for juicing fruits, vegetables, wheatgrass, herbs, nuts for nut milks and more.
- NEW Omega Stainless Steel Nutrition Center: Beyond transforming fruit and vegetables (including fine items like wheatgrass) into delicious, nutrition packed juices, the Omega Stainless Steel juicer can make smoothies, sorbets and all-natural nut butters, extrude pasta, make soy milk, almond milk and more! This “masticating-style” juicer has an auger system that forces produce into a tight chamber, grinding and pressing the food to squeeze out the juice, ensuring you get the most value from your produce. The stainless steel exterior lends a touch of class to any kitchen.