What’s easy to make, full of flavor and healthy for you? A garlic & herb chicken pizza! It was an easy dinner night in my kitchen, with the help of some pre-made pizza dough, cheese and cooked chicken!
Pizza is typically a baked pie of Italian origin consisting of a shallow bread-like crust covered with a seasoned tomato sauce, cheese and various veggies. Instead of popping in a frozen disk or even calling in a delivery order, I tried out a Cooking Light recipe for garlic chicken pizza with some slight modifications.
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
– Combine the first 3 ingredients.
– Place dough on a greased baking sheet & flatten out.
– Brush garlic/vinegar mixture over crust.
– Top with chicken, cheese, mushrooms & parsley.
– Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheeses melts.
*In the event I make this recipe again, I would use a plain crust. I found the herb & garlic crust slightly strong with the garlic/vinegar mixture…. OR I would omit the vinegar mixture altogether and just add minced garlic over the crust before baking.