It was a lazy day off for me today and to keep up with the spirit, we had homemade ravioli that was sleeping snugly in my freezer. I’ve found making homemade ravioli was a great way to use up leftover meats & veggies and the ravioli we had tonight was no exception.
Tonight, our ravioli was filled with grilled steak, caramelized onion and blue cheese. To finish the meal, I made a rosemary balsamic cream sauce garnished with sliced green onion.Here is my recipe for the rosemary balsamic cream sauce. You can use this over chicken, pork, steak or even your favorite pasta for something different and flavorful.
1 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup worchestershire sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1-2 springs rosemary
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
pinch of kosher salt
few grinds of freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon butter
– Combine all ingredients except cream & butter in a medium saucepan.
– Bring mixture to a low boil and reduce heat to low.
– Allow mixture to reduce by letting it boil on low for 25-30 minutes.
– Mixture should thicken enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
– Allow the mixture to cool, as it will thicken even more.
– In a saucepan, pour reduced sauce through a sieve to remove big spices.
– Allow sauce to boil and add cream.
– Stir & take off heat.
– Slowly stir in butter.
– Pour sauce over meat as a finishing sauce or over pasta.
*The sauce is best made in advance for the flavors of garlic and rosemary to infuse the sauce.
Leave a Reply