The following recipe was shared during my French Fare event. You can read and view other recipes from the event HERE.
shared at the event by Yumi
6 large tomatoes sliced
2 onions peeled and sliced
2 tablespoons chopped basil
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sugar
freshly ground black pepper
garlic croutons to serve
– Take a shallow oven proof dish.
– Put one layer of tomatoes in the bottom of the dish, sprinkle with chopped basil and season.
– Put a layer of onions on top of this and then repeat layers until all tomatoes, onions and basil have been used up.
– Pour olive oil and sugar over the dish and bake for 20 minutes in a moderate oven.
– Serve with hot garlic croutons.
Leave a Reply