For a holiday party I’m attending this weekend, I made these Candied Ginger Biscotti to share. They were fun to make and I love how easy it is as a base recipe for other biscotti variations.
Candied Ginger Biscotti
recipe adapted from Joy of Baking
Candied Ginger Biscotti Ingredients
- 1/3 cup candied ginger, chopped coarsely
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Candied Ginger Biscotti Recipe Instructions
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl lightly beat the eggs and extracts together. Set aside.
- In a bowl of your stand mixer (or with a hand mixer) combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat until blended (about 30 seconds). Gradually add the egg mixture and beat until a dough forms, adding ginger about halfway through. With floured hands divide dough in half.
- On a lightly floured surface roll dough into a log about 10 inches long and 3 inches wide. Trander log to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
- Note – logs will spread during baking. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer log to a cutting board and using a serrated knife, cut log into slices 1/2 inch thick on the diagonal. Arrange evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes, turn slices over, and bake another 10 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool. store in an airtight container.