This is a recipe I made for my husband’s coworkers to share on Christmas Eve. This biscotti has a rich pumpkin color and the flavor really shines through. It’s not too sweet and the pecans really add a nice crunch!
recipe adapted from Recipezaar.com
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla paste (or extract)
1 large egg
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
– Lightly grease your cookie sheet.
– Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add white sugar and salt and stir together.
– In another bowl combine all the wet ingredients: pumpkin, vanilla, egg and brown sugar.
– Pour dry ingredients into wet ones along with pecans; stir together.
– Flour a board and turn dough out onto it. Form 1 large log.
– Put onto cookie sheet and pat down to 1/2 inch thickness.
– Bake at 350°F for 20-23 minutes. Turn oven down to 300°F.
– Remove logs from cookie sheet and cool for 10 minutes.
– Then cut into about 1/2 inch slices and bake 15 minutes at 300°F.
*Biscotti will still be soft but will harden as they cool.