Cookbook & Housewares Swap – friends came over and brought gently used cookbooks and kitchen/housewares to swap with others. It was a great way to share what we no longer wanted or needed and find something different to take home!
In the Kitchen: Homemade Pasta – friends came over and we had a field day in the kitchen making homemade pastas! Check out what we made and be sure to come back all week for the recipes!
This is actually a short week for me since I will be going out of town on Friday. Where am I headed? Boston! Friends from What’s Cookin, Chicago are joining me for a little foodie getaway where we’ll be doing some culinary tours of Boston to find some foodie hotspots! But just because I won’t be here on Friday doesn’t mean Foodie Freebie Friday won’t continue…
It’s soup season with the colder temperatures and sometimes all I’m in the mood for is a smooth, creamy soup. Sure, broth soups are great but the world of soup spans more than chicken noodle. A great way to achieve a smooth soup is with a stick or hand blender. This powerful tool allows you to make creamy soups right in the pot! Aside from soups, you can use a hand blender to make shakes, smoothies, whipped cream, the list goes on. So a lucky winner this week will be receiving this Cuisinart Stick Hand Blender:
The versatile stick design of the Cuisinart® Smart Stick® Hand Blender lets users blend ingredients right in pots, pitchers, bowls, or the clear plastic beaker that’s included. A powerful 200-watt motor operates with an easy one-touch control. Blends drinks, purées soup, mixes pancake and crêpe batters in seconds! Both stainless steel blending shaft and beaker are dishwasher-safe.
- Immersion hand blender equipped with powerful 200-watt motor
- Blade provides smooth blending; protective guard helps prevent splattering
- Simple push-button controls and lightweight design for one-handed operation
- Dishwasher-safe stainless-steel blending shaft; 2-cup plastic beaker included
- Measures approximately 3 by 3 by 14-1/8 inches; 3-year limited warranty
– Giveaway is only for those who live in the United States – my apologies to my international readers!
– You must check back on my blog on Friday to see if you’ve won so you can claim your prize!
To enter the giveaway, leave a comment answering:
– What is your favorite kind of soup?
Deadline: Thursday, October 15, 2009 at 12 midnight CST.
ONE WINNER will be randomly chosen by Random. Org’s Interger Generator based on the number of your comment and will be announced on Friday, October 16, 2009. Good luck!