It’s that time of year to really reflect on life and things to be thankful for. In a time when the economy hasn’t been kind to everyone, it’s important to know we’re all very fortunate in some way, shape or form… and that encourages an attitude of gratitude. In fact, here are a few things many of us can be thankful for…
- If you have food in your fridge, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep… you are richer than 75% of the world.
- If you have money in the bank, your wallet and some spare change… you are among the top 8% of the world’s wealthy.
- If you woke up this morning with more health than illness… you are more blessed than the million people who will not survive this week.
- If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the agony of imprisonment or torture, or the horrible pangs of starvation… you are luckier than 500 million people alive and suffering.
- If you can read this message… you are more fortunate than 3 billion people in the world who cannot read at all.