I’m a fan of butterscotch but it often is a baking chip that I don’t usually buy unless I have a specific ingredient calling for them. But during this season, it seems as all baking chips are on sale which makes it a great time to play around with butterscotch chips in holiday baking recipes. This happens to be a great one to use them in. These Butterscotch Crunch Cookies have the flavor of butterscotch, the chewiness of an oatmeal cookie, and the crunchy texture from crushed cereal mixed in – what’s not to love?!
These cookies are another variation to the Chicago Crunch Cookies featured yesterday. You can mix it up by using whatever you have on hand as long as the ratios are right. Give this a try the next time you have butterscotch chips on hand!
recipe from The Baron’s Mom, Marnee
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) margarine
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) PLUGRA butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup vegetable oil1 cup crushed crisp rice cereal or cornflakes
- 1 cup instant oats
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 12-16 ounces of butterscotch chips
Preheat oven to 350.
Beat together butter, margarine, both sugars, egg, milk and vanilla.
Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in another bowl.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with oil to the creamed mixture, ending with dry. Stir in cereal, oats, butterscotch and nuts.
Drop with small or medium scoop onto parchment lined sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes depending on size.
Leave a Reply