Salads are something I need to incorporate more in my meals. I love Mediterranean cuisine because they make salads so flavorful and colorful. That said, another dish made for my recent Mediterranean Taverna cooking class was this colorful and light salad. This Greek Cucumber Salad combines crisp cucumber, sweet tomatoes and crumbled feta cheese in an easy fresh herb dressing…
Not all salads have to incorporate lettuce or greens. In fact, some of my favorite salads don’t even include them. This salad is one I especially like because it’s easy to put together using fresh herbs, lemon juice, and olive oil. The dressing keeps well and I prefer making it in advance for flavors can meld a bit. For a heartier salad, try adding some orzo pasta!
- 1/2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced seeded cucumber
- 1 cup quartered roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup crumbed sun dried tomato & herb feta cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk together the 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, and feta cheese; toss to combine.
Leave a Reply