It’s going to be a unique Easter this year but it will be memorable nonetheless! This year it will be a small dinner for my husband, son and me but we’ll be connected with our family as we enjoy celebrating virtually. I’ll be making a ham with a few side dishes to pair them with, which will serve us well for the days to follow!
I’ve been relying a lot on my crockpot and electric pressure cooker for meals since I’ve been working remotely. Surprisingly, my time is much more limited despite working remotely at home since it’s been much busier trying to conduct business virtually as opposed to in person.
However I am looking forward to taking a break this weekend to relax with my family and enjoy the simple things of just being present. From our home to yours, we wish you and your loved ones a blessed and delicious Easter holiday!
1. Coat inside of crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Place ham, cut side down into crockpot
2. In a small saucepan, melt butter.
3. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar until well combined and a paste forms.
4. Sprinkle ground cloves on top of brown sugar mixture in pan, stir to combine well.
5. Cover ham with brown sugar mixture gently pushing mixture into ham.
6. Add pineapple slices on top of ham, secure with toothpicks if necessary. Pour reserved pineapple juice over ham.
7. Add lid to crockpot if possible, if the lid doesn’t fit, cover tightly with foil. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or internal temperature 145 degrees F. Baste with juice and let set for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve immediately and store leftovers in refrigerator in airtight container.
Leave a Reply