It’s almost Cinco de Mayo and I’m sad that we won’t be celebrating quite like I hoped to. There won’t be any big fiestas thrown but we will continue to enjoy the day with some muy delicioso comida! Tacos of some kind and margaritas are a given… but what about dessert? That’s where this Instant Pot: Margarita Cheesecake makes it’s debut to the table!
This cheesecake is a perfect balance of salty and sweet with a splash of tequila and lime juice. I recommend making this a day in advance so that the texture is spot on and allows the flavors to really meld…
Instant Pot Margarita Cheesecake
2 cups pretzel crumbs (pretzels crushed in food processor)
8 tablespoons butter melted
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon lime juice
32 oz cream cheese softened
1½ cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs room temperature
2 tablespoons tequila (substitute with 2 tablespoons of lime juice for non-alcoholic)
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon lime zest
½ cup sour cream
8 oz cream cheese softened
1/2 c butter softened
2 tablespoons lime juice
3 tablespoons cream of coconut
1-1/2 c powdered sugar
1 drop green food coloring
⅔ c sweetened coconut flakes, toasted
1. Line 8-inch springform pan with a circle cut to fit from parchment paper. With non-stick cooking spray, lightly spray sides and bottom of pan. Gather all your ingredients.
2. Mix all crust ingredients together until the consistency of damp sand. Add more melted butter if too dry.
3. Pat mixture into bottom and up the sides of springform pan sized to fit in your Instant Pot. Chill in refrigerator while preparing filling.
1. Gather all your ingredients. Place cream cheese and granulated in a medium bowl or stand mixer bowl.
2. Using a stand or hand mixer, combine cream cheese and granulated sugar until fluffy.
3. Add lime juice, lime zest and sour cream. Mix on medium speed until smooth. Do not overbeat.
4. Add eggs, one at a time mixing each until combined.
5. Combine the lime juice and tequila and add this mixture by hand, being careful not to over mix.
6. Pour mixture into chilled crust. Run a fork through the filling several times to remove air bubbles.
7.Tap prepared pan onto counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
8. Cover pan with foil, sealing edges. Poke a small hole in center of foil to allow steam to escape.Add 1½ cups of water to bottom of Instant Pot. Set cheesecake pan on trivet that comes with your pot and lower into Instant Pot.
9. Set on manual high pressure for 75 minutes. When time is up, turn Instant Pot off and allow the cheesecake to remain in pot for 15 minutes.
10. Manually release any remaining pressure and remove cheesecake. Remove foil and check for doneness. If the cheesecake jiggles only in the center, it is done. If it jiggles overall, replace foil and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
9. While the cheesecake is resting, begin making the icing. In a medium bowl or stand mixer bowl, add cream cheese, butter, lime juice and cream of coconut.
10. Using a stand or hand mixer, mix until well combined.
11. Add powdered sugar, in small amounts at a time, mixing well until fluffy.
12. Set aside ⅓ of icing for border. Add 1 drop of green food coloring to this ⅓ mixing until thoroughly incorporated. Set aside.
13. Allow cheesecake to cool completely before frosting.
14. Using the undyed portion of icing, spread it thickly across the top of the cheesecake.
15. Using a piping bag and a #1M tip, pipe the green icing border on cheesecake.
16. Sprinkle toasted coconut across top of cheesecake. Chill for at least an additional 2 hours before slicing. Chilling overnight has the best results for texture and allows the flavors to meld.
Leave a Reply