1 orange cake mix box
1 C water
3 large eggs
1/3 C canola oil
1 C water, for instant pot
1 7 in round springform pan
1 C unsalted sweet cream butter
½ C powdered sugar
2 tsp orange extract
5 TBSP heavy whipping cream
Orange gel food coloring
Waffle ice cream cones, broken into pieces
Cherries for topping
Small ice cream scooper
1. Spray the springform pan and set aside. Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot insert.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add cake mix, 1 cup water, 1/3 cup oil and 3 whole eggs. Beat until well combined.
4. Place the cake pan on the trivet and carefully place the trivet inside the Instant Pot. Close lid and set to sealing. Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes.
5. Quick pressure release. Remove cake from Instant Pot and allow to cool on a cooling rack for 30-60 minutes. While cake is cooling, prepare the orange frosting.
6. Using a standing mixer, beat the butter, powdered sugar, orange extract and heavy whipping cream until combined and stiff peaks. Transfer half of the frosting to another mixing bowl. Mix in a few drops of orange gel food coloring into one bowl and mix until combined.