One of my favorite parts of summer is going to the local farmers markets to check out the fresh fruits. There are so many local fruits in season right now! Aside from enjoying them as is, I like making a fresh fruit salsa for a colorful snack with cinnamon chips.
You can use pretty much any fruit you may have on hand. For this specific version, I used strawberries, kiwis,, raspberries, blackberries and apple. If you’re into tropical fruits, I highly recommend mango, pineapple, papaya, banana chips and coconut flakes!
So what’s the best vehicle for that fresh fruit salsa? Cinnamon chips is my dipper of choice. They are much more economical if you make them yourself, considering it requires 4 ingredients, most likely you already have on hand. Using the air fryer makes them hot and fresh in 2-3 minutes…
Air Fryer Cinnamon Chips & Fresh Fruit Salsa
1 cup of strawberries chopped
1 cup of kiwis chopped
1 cup of raspberries whole
½ cup of blackberries cut in half
1 green apple chopped
2 tablespoons of raspberry jam or pureed raspberries
Juice of 1 orange
10 round tortillas
¼ cup of butter
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of sugar (or sub for honey or maple syrup)
1. Chop all fruit and place in a large mixing bowl.
2. Mix in the jam and juice of 1 orange (or puree) and let sit in fridge for 30 minutes
3. Preheat air fryer to 350. Cut tortillas into triangles, place on baking tray
4. In a small bowl, melt butter, add cinnamon and sugar (or honey/maple syrup)
5. Brush cinnamon mixture on tortillas and place into air fryer for 2-3 minutes until just slightly brown.
6. Let cool and use chips to scoop salsa