Prep Time 10 minutes
Marinate Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Skewers (if using wooden, soak in water)
1 pound large shrimp, shelled, deveined and tails removed
¾ cup fresh cilantro, stems and leaves
¾ cup fresh parsley, stems and leaves
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 cloves garlic
½ cup olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1. Gather all ingredients.
2. Blend everything in a food processor until smooth. Adjust seasoning with salt, to taste. Blend again if needed.
3. In a large bowl add shrimp and cover with chimichurri sauce (reserving some for dipping) and let sit for 30 minutes on the counter.
4. Thread the skewers with 5-7 shrimp on each.
5. Place on grill and cook 2 – 3 minutes per side, until just done and no longer pink.
6. Remove shrimp from the grill and drizzle with some of the remaining chimmichurri sauce. Serve any remaining chimmichurri on the side.
Leave a Reply