Pizza Night is always a big hit at our house. We used to just call for pizza delivery but having fresh ingredients on hand and using what we have available makes a big difference in flavor, quality and budget. My boys love being involved in the kitchen, especially when they have the chance to customize things to their liking.
Grilled Homemade Pizza
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time:4-6 minutes
Pizza Dough – homemade or store bought
Pizza sauce – homemade or store bought
Flour for rolling out dough
Olive oil for pizza
Vegetable Oil for grill
Mozzarella cheese, shredded or sliced
Parmesan cheese, shredded
Italian sausage, cooked
Chicken, cooked and diced
Green peppers or multi-colored peppers
Red or white onions
Black olives, sliced
1. Gather all ingredients. Prepare sauce and all toppings, set aside.
2. Roll out pizza dough into a thin rectangle using a small dusting of flour so the dough doesn’t stick. Place dough on large baking sheet or pizza paddle.
3. Heat grill to medium-high heat. Coat grates of grill with vegetable oil using a folded paper towel. Slide pizza dough onto heated grates and cook for 2-3 minutes or until bottom is lightly brown.
4. Flip pizza over and brush lightly with olive oil.
5. Spread on pizza sauce and top with mozzarella cheese and toppings of your choice. Close the lid and grill for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and toppings are lightly browned
6. Remove from grill and transfer to cutting board. Add fresh herbs and parmesan cheese if desired. Serve immediately
Leave a Reply