My husband and I recently spent time away in a lakeside cottage nestled in Fennville, MI. While there, we definitely enjoyed the peacefulness of Lake Michigan and all the local farms nearby. One of the highlights was indulging in the fresh peaches! The ‘Red Haven’ peach is a local favorite, for it’s sweetness and cling-free pit.
I brought home a bushel of these amazing peaches to enjoy with family and quite a bit were frozen for future baking adventures. Some were made into these Air Fryer Peach Hand pies. These were AMAZING! If you don’t have any fresh peaches, feel free to use canned or frozen, which works well too!
Air Fryer Peach Hand Pies
2 large fresh peaches, diced (substitute with 2 cups diced canned or frozen)
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
2 refrigerated unbaked pie crusts
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk
1. Remove pie crust from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature while preparing filling.
2. Combine diced peaches, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
3. Set aside for approximately 10 minutes to allow juice to form.
4. Drain the peaches, reserving 1 tablespoon of the juice. Using a whisk, mix the cornstarch into 1 tablespoon juice until smooth.
5. Add juice mixture into the peaches and stir lightly
6. Unroll each pie crust onto a lightly floured surface. Using a 5 inch plate as a template, cut around a plate with a sharp knife to produce a pie crust circle. Continue cutting and re-rolling crust when necessary until pie dough is all used. You should be able to get about 7-8 circles from the 2 crusts
7. Place a heaping tablespoon of filling in the center of each crust. Brush edges of crusts with water and fold the dough over to form a half circle. Using a fork, crimp the edges of the half circle.
8. Using a sharp knife, cut three small slits into the top of each pie to allow steam to escape.
9. Spray the tops of each pie with a non-stick cooking spray. Also, spray the basket of your air fryer with the spray.
10. Place pies in the basket (cook as many at a time as will fit without touching) and cook at 350 for 13-15 minutes
11. While pies are cooking, make the icing. Combine the powdered sugar and vanilla . Add enough of the milk to form a drizzle-thin consistency.
12. Remove pies from the fryer, cool and drizzle with the incing. If you prefer, you can sprinkle with sugar instead.
Leave a Reply