Pork chops and apples are a delicious pairing. I recently made a pork roast dinner and served these Instant Pot: Cinnamon Apples on the side. They can also be made as a dessert, which is timely with apples now in season!
If made as a side, omit the whipped cream and caramel, since they are delicious as is without the additional sweet toppings. Either way, the kitchen is going to smell amazing as this cooks!
Instant Pot: Cinnamon Apples
6 Honey Crisp or Fuji apples, peeled & sliced
1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 tablespoons butter, sliced
1 1/4 cups water
2 heaping tablespoons cornstarch
Whipped cream for garnish
Caramel Syrup for garnish
1. Peel and slice your apples into a large bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice, and toss the apples in the juice.
2. Pour the Apples into the Instant Pot and stir well.
3. In another bowl, combine the Brown sugar, sugar, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Maple Syrup until completely blended. Sprinkle mixture over the apples in the instant pot.
4. In another bowl, combine the water and corn starch, until smooth. Pour over apples. Sprinkle sliced butter over the top.
5. Place the lid on the Instant Pot until it beeps and locks. Make sure the pressure valve is set to SEALING, and press the MANUAL button, and set the time for 7 minutes. When the Instant Pot is done cooking, and goes to OFF, let the IP naturally release the pressure. Turn the pressure Valve from Sealing to VENTING, to make sure all pressure has been released.
6. When all the pressure has been released, and the FLOAT VALVE is down, remove the lid, and stir the Apples with a large spatula. Allow the Apples to cool for about 10 minutes, and then lift the Liner from the Instant Pot (using oven mitts, or pot holders).
7. Serve in individual bowls, or crocks, and top with whipped cream, and caramel syrup drizzled over the top.
Leave a Reply