With the Superbowl coming up, my husband is excited to indulge in some gameday eats. Pizza is one of those things we enjoy while watching the game, but since there will not be any big gathering for the Superbowl this year, I’m serving up various appetizers and small bites that are easy to eat. These Pizza Roll Ups are way better than the frozen pizza appetizers I’ve come across at the grocery store. The best part is they are easy to customize for any picky eaters!
This recipe has all the makings for a pepperoni pizza – it’s just the assembly and presentation that’s just slightly different. I’ve enjoyed making these with my son as an interactive kitchen activity and you can also make these in advance to save time…
Pizza Roll Ups
- 1 (11oz – 14oz) tube of pizza dough (or homemade)
- 8 tablespoons tomato sauce ( 1tbsp per roll-up)
- 18 pieces pepperoni, cut into quarters
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- All-purpose flour (for dusting the pizza dough)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional, put on the top of the roll-ups for extra cheesiness)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin pan. Divide pizza dough into 8 equal strips.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce onto each strip; top with pepperoni and cheese.
- Carefully roll each strip, keeping the pepperoni and cheese inside between layers.
- Place each pizza roll in greased muffin pan.
- Combine melted butter with spices and brush tops of pizza rolls; sprinkle tops with shredded cheese.
- Bake pizza rolls in preheated oven for 15 mins.
Leave a Reply