My husband is picky when it comes to seafood, whereas my son and I love all seafood. In fact, one of my favorite fish is salmon. I especially love Alaskan salmon, as a result of spending a week in Cordova, Alaska years ago to learn more about Copper River Salmon.
This Instant Pot Salmon recipe is pretty straightforward, allowing the natural flavors to come through with fresh lemon and dill. It’s also a healthy dish that is naturally filling. What’s your favorite way to prepare Salmon?
Instant Pot Salmon
- Serves 3-4
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 cup water
- Juice from 1 lemon, about ½ cup
- Lemon slices
- 4-5 sprigs of fresh dill
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Gather all your ingredients.
2. Pour water and lemon juice into the Instant Pot. Add lemon slices and dill.
3. Add a metal trivet into the pot and place 1 salmon fillet on top, cut to fit if needed. Add lemon slices on top of salmon; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Secure the Instant Pot lid and turn the pressure release value to seal. Use the manual setting to
high pressure cook for 4 minutes – add 1 minute if your fillet is thick or frozen.
5. When the Instant Pot is done cooking, release the pressure value to vent and release the pressure. After all pressure has been released, carefully remove the lid.
6. Serve salmon immediately; Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Leave a Reply