This is a recipe I made for my husband’s coworkers to share on Christmas Eve. What I like about this is that it incorporates all the flavors of the candy bar, packed into a perfect little dunker for coffee and/or hot chocolate!
The recipe I used was my go to recipe from Joy of Baking. I took the base recipe and added sweetened shredded coconut, almond slices and chocolate chips. I wanted to dip these in melted chocolate but because they were already pretty chocolatey, I left them as is.
Almond Joy Biscotti
recipe adapted from Joy of Baking
Almond Joy Biscotti Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup almond slices, toasted
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
Almond Joy Biscotti Recipe Instructions
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl lightly beat the eggs and extracts together. Set aside.
- In a bowl of your stand mixer (or with a hand mixer) combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Beat until blended (about 30 seconds). Gradually add the egg mixture and beat until a dough forms, adding the coconut, almonds and chocolate chips about halfway through.
- With floured hands divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface roll dough into a log about 10 inches long and 3 inches wide.
- Transfer log to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Note – logs will spread during baking.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer log to a cutting board and using a serrated knife, cut log into slices 1/2 inch thick on the diagonal. Arrange evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes, turn slices over, and bake another 10 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool.
- If you wanted to dip them in chocolate….
- While biscotti is cooling, place 1-2 squares of chocolate almond bark in a mug and melt in the microwave until melted smooth (about 1 minute to 1 1/2 minutes).
- Dip 1/3 or 1/2 of the biscotti into the melted chocolate and place on parchment to cool and harden.