- ¼ cup of dry red wine
- One tbsp. tomato paste
- ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
- One dash of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Two tbsp. oil
- One diced onion
- One pound of lean beef cut into cubes of one inch
- One clove of minced garlic
- Two cans of beef broth
- Combine salt and pepper, paprika, and flour in a plastic zip-lock bag. Make sure that you mix them well.
- Add the beef cubes inside the zip-lock bag and shake it to ensure everything is evenly coated.
- Take a deep skillet or a large saucepan and heat the oil on medium-high heat.
- Next, you must remove the beef cubes from the plastic bag and add them to the pan. Cook and stir it occasionally until the beef is brown.
- Add the beef broth, tomato paste, garlic, red wine, and onion to the pan.
- Mix all the ingredients well and bring them all to a boil.
- Then, make sure you decrease the heat to a simmer.
- Put the lid over the pan and let the cubes simmer. Then, you remove the lid after 1 to 1.5 hours. The secret is to make sure that the beef cubes are tender.
- As you let the beef cubes simmer, ensure you stir the dish occasionally. Besides that, if you think the gravy is getting too thick, then you can also add some water to make it thinner.
- Finally, turn the heat off and serve the beef cubes with anything of your choice.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Calories: 474 kcal
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 876 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Protein: 40 g