Number of hours cooking – 12 hours. Number of ingredients needed – 6 common ingredients. Number of pots/pans to cook in and clean – 1 slow cooker. Having an amazingly delicious dish on a sweltering summer day with little effort … priceless. With the crazy heat these days I figured I’d use my slow cooker to make a meal and made these Beef Dip Sandwiches. They certainly lived up to the name and who knew such a super easy recipe would result in something this good?!
I’ve been trying to find ways to keep cool while preparing meals during this summer. What’s really helped is using my slow cooker/crockpot since it doesn’t heat up the kitchen and cooking in it is pretty effortless. When I came across this recipe for ‘Best Ever Beef Dip’ and noticed how many raves it received, I figured I’d give it a try. I’m so glad I did because it really was tasty dish and made for great sandwiches!
Simply take a beef chuck roast, some garlic, dried rosemary, bay leaves, soy sauce and water and place it in a crockpot. Let it cook on low for 6-8 hours or even longer. In fact, the longer, the better! The result is a super flavorful, extremely moist and juicy beef roast that falls apart.
I shredded the beef (which took no effort at all) and placed it in between a toasted hamburger bun, then topped it with slices of provolone cheese. The au jus that develops is just as amazing and makes for a great thing to dip your sandwich into. It was one of the best sandwiches I’ve had in awhile and I’ll definitely plan on making this again soon. This can also be made as a freezer meal!
Beef Dip Sandwich Recipe
recipe from AllRecipes
Beef Dip Sandwich Recipe Ingredients
- 4 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 6 cups water
Beef Dip Sandwich Recipe Slow Cooker Instructions
- Place roast in slow cooker. Season with garlic, rosemary, and bay leaves. Pour in soy sauce and water. Cook on low setting for 6 to 10 hours. Unlike most roasts, the longer the better.
- To serve, place in hamburger buns or split french bread and top with your preferred cheese if desired. Feel free to dip your sandwich in the au jus left in the slow cooker too!
* To make ahead/freezer meal – Place all the ingredients except the water and soy sauce into a gallon sized freezer storage bag; seal and freeze. When ready to prepare, defrost completely. Place contents into your slow cooker and add 6 cups of water + 1 cup soy sauce. Cook on low setting for 6 to 10 hours. Unlike most roasts, the longer the better.
Beef Dip Sandwich Recipe Instant Pot Instructions
- Plug in the IP and add chuck roast, garclic, rosemary, bay leaves, soy sauce, beef broth, and water.
- Secure the lid of the IP and ensure the valve is set to SEALING.
- Press MANUAL and adjust the time to 30 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- The display will reflect ON while the IP comes to pressure. Allow a few minutes for your IP to come to pressure.
- Once at pressure, the display will reflect 30 (the number of minutes you initially set) and will begin to countdown to 0 minutes.
- When the IP beeps after pressure cooking for 30 minutes, allow your IP to naturally release pressure for 20 minutes. While naturally releasing pressure (also known as NRP or NR), the display will reflect numbers counting up from 1. The numbers indicate how many minutes the IP has stopped cooking since it beeped (or how many minutes it has been naturally releasing pressure). No need to touch your IP while it naturally releases pressure.
- When the display reflects 20 (which is 20 minutes since the IP has beeped), turn the setting on top of your IP to VENTING. Doing so allows the IP to quickly release pressure (also known as QRP or QR). I use a wooden spoon to carefully turn the setting to avoid close contact with the potential steam. You may also want to turn your IP away from cabinets to allow the released steam to escape freely. The pin at the top of your IP will drop when all pressure has been released and it’s safe to open.
- Open up your IP when the pin has dropped (allow a few minutes for this to happen). Shred the roast using forks or tongs. To serve, place in hamburger buns or split french bread and top with your preferred cheese if desired. Feel free to dip your sandwich in the au jus left in the IP too!
* To make ahead/freezer meal – Place all the ingredients except the broth, water and soy sauce into a gallon sized freezer storage bag; seal and freeze. When ready to prepare,
* To cook from frozen – Place contents into your IP and add broth, water and soy sauce. Cook for 45 minutes under pressure and naturally release pressure for 20 minutes before quickly releasing pressure.
* To cook after defrosting completely – Place contents into your IP and add broth, water and soy sauce. Cook in IP as directed above.
Leave a Reply