The follow recipe was shared at my Balsamic Vinegar Tasting Event. You can read and view links to other recipes that were featured HERE.
Bulgar Salad Recipe with Corn & Tomatoes
shared at the event by Teresa
recipe from Food Network
Bulgar Salad Recipe Ingredients
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups bulgar
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced and mashed to a paste with 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 scallions, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 cups cooked corn (cut from about 2 large ears)
- 1 pint vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bulgar Salad Recipe Instructions
- Combine water and farro in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, partially cover and simmer until farro is tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Drain well.
- While grains are cooking, in a large bowl stir together onion, garlic paste, vinegar, and oil.
- Drain grains well and add to onion mixture. Toss mixture well and cool.
- Add scallions, corn, tomatoes, chives, and parsley, toss well, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Salad may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring salad to room temperature before serving.
Leave a Reply