The following recipe was made and shared at my Tapas party. You can read about the event and view links to the other recipes shared on Tapas.
Baked Goat Cheese in Tomato Sauce
shared at the event by John
Baked Goat Cheese in Tomato Sauce Ingredients
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- baguette of bread, sliced
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups marinara or pasta sauce
- basil leaves (optional garnish)
Goat Cheese Baked in Tomato Sauce Instructions
- Preheat conventional oven or toaster oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the garlic and olive oil and spread over bread slices and place on a baking sheet.
- Pat the goat cheese into a 1/2-inch pancake and place in shallow baking dish.
- Ladle tomato sauce into dish to come up to top edge of cheese (do not cover the cheese with sauce).
- Bake, uncovered, until sauce begins to bubble at edges and cheese is hot, about 25 minutes.
- During last 10 minutes of baking, toast bread until golden brown.
- Garnish cheese with basil if using.
Leave a Reply