Pork, the other white meat. I love pork… beyond the bacon. A staple protein in our house is pork chops and I never seem to get tired preparing them in various ways. The most recent recipe was for these Honey & Spice Glazed Pork Chops. The blend of spices marry nicely with the sweet honey and the subtle tang of Dijon mustard. With a few ingredients and steps, this is one pork chop that’s sure to please…
So when it comes to the spices involved in this dish, you may think of baking. Ground ginger, cinnamon and cloves are part of a sweet and savory combination that the honey and Dijon mustard bring.
This dish can be prepared in advance and frozen, then defrosted and cooked in a crockpot for complete ease. Should you decide to cook this in a crockpot, you will want to spoon the sauce from the crockpot into a skillet to reduce and thicken to a glaze. I served these pork chops atop a mushroom & garlic rice pilaf.
Honey & Spice Glazed Pork Chops
recipe from MyRecipes
Article first published as Honey & Spice Glazed Pork Chops on Blogcritics.
Honey & Spice Glazed Pork Chops Ingredients
- Cooking spray
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
Honey & Spice Glazed Pork Chops Recipe Instructions
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- While pork is cooking, combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add honey mixture to the pork. Cook 10 minutes or until done, turning pork once.
- Remove pork from the skillet and allow the sauce to boil until thickened and slightly reduced for a glaze, 3-5 minutes. Spoon glaze over the pork before serving.
* To make ahead/freezer meal – Brown the pork as directed above and once browned, remove and allow to cool. Place cooled pork chops into a freezer storage bag. Add the remaining ingredients to the bag, seal and freeze. When reader to prepare, remove from the freezer and defrost, Transfer the contents into a crockpot, cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 3-5 hours.